Monday, November 30, 2009

Holy Molar!

Holy Molar!

We have a molar! This is big news in Jackson’s mouth. He seems to be slow in getting teeth. Most of his younger friends have a mouthful but he has been making it with 4 teeth for a long while. He can eat like a champ so we weren’t concerned. But in the past month it seems like he has gotten 2 sides on the top and one on the bottom. Now he has a molar! He may even have or be getting another one but the little stinker isnt so keen on mommy trying to examine or feel around in there. I may have to stick my finger in peanut butter.

His vocabulary is growing- he now can say (and act out) ‘hot’ for food temperature. He can recognize bananas which he lovingly refers to as nanas. I used to worry because he never liked to be read to- at all. I mean you could get through about a line before he wanted to get down and run along his adventure. Now he brings us books to read and will sit in your lap and just listen to you.

He is learning so much from us that we don’t even know. Yesterday, he got a cup and proceeded to try and get water from the refrigerator. He would stand way up on his tippy toes and try and make the cup push the lever. Then he would check his progress by pouring the cup back into his mouth. When he finally got some water in the cup, he started to choke on the water and then decided to spill it all on the floor. It was pretty funny cause I was able to watch him (and capture video) and he had no idea I was there. Then the other day, he opened up my bath cabinet and pulled out my make-up brush and powder and proceeded to try and apply it like mommy. He is like this awesome sponge that soaks up the whole world around him. He is a great helper and tried to help me mop the floor. He took a tissue used it to cover his mouth while he fake coughed then used the same tissue to try and clean the table. We said he was trying to be green. I am so in love with this awesome little dude.

No comments: